Family Engagement Policy
Mission Statement: The Everett Public Schools is dedicated to providing every child with high quality education. We foster respect for cultural and human differences within our school community. The Title I Program encourages parents and guardians to become involved in their children's education. We are committed to developing a partnership between home and school so that our goal to ensure that all children become successful lifelong learners can be achieved.
Family involvement is an essential component, for improved and sustainable academic achievement. The Everett Public Schools encourages all families to:
- Become aware of what your child is learning
- Ask questions about your child's progress and performance
- Support your child in his/her education
The Lafayette School offers various ways in which families can become involved in their children's school experiences:
- Literacy Coffee Hours 9/13/19, 11/1/19, 3/6/20, 6/5/20
- The Walking School Bus, Spring
- Fall Family Festival 10/9/19
- Spring Family Cookout
- Scholastic Book Fair, Fall and Spring
- Holiday Concert, Tuesday 12/19/19, 6- 8 m.
- Polar Express Event December 12/12/19, 5-7 p.m.
- First Quarter Conferences, Tuesday 10//10/2019
- Second Quarter Conferences, Tuesday l/9/20
- Third Quarter Conferences, Tuesday 3/26/20
- Wednesday 9/4/19, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 10/2/19, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday I1/6/19, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 12/4/19, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 1/8/20, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 2/5/20, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 3/4/20, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 4/1/20, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 5/6/20, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 6/3/20, 7 a.m.
- Know Your School Better Night, Wednesday 9/5/18, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 m.
- Family Literacy and Math Night, Tuesday 3/7/19, 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 m.
- Fall Festival 10/9/19
- Polar Express Event 12/12/19